Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16, 2012

    I finished my lovely walk through the book of Psalms this morning. It is a book full of every  emotion, praise - Psalm 8 (all the Psalms but one have some praise in them); sadness - Psalm 39; fear - Psalm 102; anger - Psalm 120; thankfulness - Psalm 118; trusting - Psalm 23; depression - Psalm 88; and others such as joy, forgiving and fulfillment. It was interesting to see that even all those many years ago the writers of Psalms were just people as we are. They felt the same things we do and they found their rest and salvation in the same God we can find ours in. After going through all the emotions in 149 of the Psalms I am so glad that it ended with Psalm 150. It was titled in my Bible, “Let Everything Praise the LORD”
Praise the LORD!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!
Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!
Praise the LORD!

     Now that should get a resounding AMEN!
     Just a little note about yesterday. Deanna took me out to lunch for Mother’s Day and we had a most enjoyable time. It is such a blessing to be able to talk about the Lord, theology and scriptures with my daughters. God has truly blessed me in that way. Thank you, Lord!
     Good night all.
 The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment