Friday, May 25, 2012

May 25, 2012
    This has been a slow day. A day for reflecting and wondering about just what God wants to do with me. How does He want to use me in the best way for His glory? I have been praying about this for many months and still I don’t have a clear answer. He is going to reveal something to me, I know, but when?
     I was working on the church bulletin this afternoon. Each week I put a prayer in it that I take from a devotional book I’ve had for years. There are 365 prayers in it, one for each day and I have used a little more that half of them each week for the bulletin. The one for the bulletin this week spoke to me because it is my prayer.
Gracious Father.
You continue to stretch my faith and my expectancy.
I am so grateful.
If I have not yet caught the vision of what You want me to do,
then help me to do so today.
In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen
     I will keep that prayer in my heart and on my lips because it speaks to my need so well. I marvel at the way He brings things into our lives right when we need them. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Right? Right.
     It is Friday evening and I just made the best chicken salad in the world. I came up with it several years ago and every one loves it. The chicken is any good seasoned baked or rotisserie chicken. This time I used a baked lemon chicken from Publix. I put in lots of chopped walnuts, grapes cut in half, the whole chicken, diced, chopped celery, mayo (today I used low fat) and some curry powder and just a little cumin powder. You are welcome to try and enjoy it for yourselves. Perhaps I should include some of my recipes in this blog and make it even more interesting. (Ha)
     Well, that’s all for today. More tomorrow. I’m looking forward to talking with you.
     Love to all,
     Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment