Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3, 2012

     What a boring day I have to report to you.  I didn’t leave the house all day, but I did get to do my Tai Chi exercise for the first time since the surgery. It felt good to be moving and stretching my muscles. I need to stretch my neck and shoulder muscles two or three times a day and this was a good way to do it. Everyday around 2:00 I get very tired and go take a nap for about an hour. After that, I am pretty useless for the rest of the day.
     I came across verses in Philippians 1:19-21 that have new meaning to me due to the trials I have experienced for the last 6 months. I thank God for Paul and his trust and faith in the Spirit of Christ for his words can strengthen us when we need strengthening.
“. . . For I know that through your prayers
and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ
this will turn out for my deliverance,
as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed,
but that with full courage now as always
Christ will be honored in my body,
whether by life or by death.
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”

     I may not be as anxious to die as Paul was, but if it is God’s will, He will prepare me and give me what I’ve heard called, dying grace. I’m counting on that!
     It is about time for Billy to get home. Thursday nights he has a Bible study at the Holy Land Exp. and doesn’t get home till about 9:30. It makes for a long day for him and he is pretty beat by the time he walks in the door. Annie, Sassy and I are always here waiting for him eagerly. Especially Annie. She always gets the most excited when anyone walks in the door.
     So good night and sweet dreams to you all.
Mary Margaret
The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment