Sunday, May 20, 2012

May 20, 2012

     My favorite day has arrived again.. I love Sundays! It is always interesting to find out from what parts of the world our visitors live. We had a lady from Brazil today. I think she was the only one from a foreign country. There were others from different states; Michigan, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Arizona, and others. We love being a church that can welcome visitor from so many places.
     Roger, who does the announcements, looked over at me and said, “Do you think you will  stay for the service today?” It got a big laugh from the regulars who knew what happened last Sunday. It was nice to stay for the whole service today.
     Our grandson, Benjamin, was in a Battle of the Bands” this weekend. It was all praise and worship bands from area churches. There were over 75 audition tapes sent in and 13 were picked for the competition and his band was on of 5 in the final judging. They came in 3rd. That is great for a first time try, they’ll do better next year. We are very proud of them.
     I am now drinking lots of water, not green tea. I also have some drinks with electrolytes in them. That is probably what happened last week, I must have gotten low on electrolytes. I don’t know why they didn’t think of that at the hospital. Oh well, I am getting a good check up on my heart.
     Bible Study this evening was wonderful, as usual. We are in Exodus and have been for a long time. We have gotten the Israelites out of Egypt and into the wilderness. Moses is about to climb up Mt. Sinai and get the Ten Commandments. We do a very in-depth study verse by verse so it takes awhile to move through a book. It’s a great study and Billy is an amazing teacher. That is his gift.
     It is getting late and as much as I enjoy doing this I must get to bed. I wish I could see all of you that read this blog. I don’t know if it is one or a dozen. Whichever it may be I love you all and wish for you the best. Good night.
Mary Margaret

The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment