Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28,2012
     WOW, what a exciting Memorial Day we had!  There were new never before experienced adventures and tons of laughs.
     We hit the lakes at about 9:30, the sun was shining brightly and there was hardly any other boats on the lakes. It was like having the whole Butler Chain of Lakes to ourselves. We had Donna, Daniel, Jesse, his fiancé, Bethany, David and his wife, Hannah, Benjamin a friend of his, Logan, Billy and me. Benjamin was the “Captain” today. (In case you don’t know all the boys except Logan are our grandsons.) The boys enjoyed learning how to Knee Board. It was so much fun watching them hang on and finally get thrown off. They got out the big tube and Benjamin, Jesse and Logan had a ball hanging on for dear life.
     About the time they were getting tired of that we began to see a storm coming and contemplated should we stick it out or head back to the dock. We decided to head back to the dock but we were about 10 minutes too late because the storm  hit while we in the process of docking the boat. I have never been outside in a rain that hard and with such a fiercely blowing wind. We had umbrellas but I felt like Mary Poppins because it was all I could do to hang on to it. We were soaked to the bone. Two cell phones got wet, one was dropped in the lake and another fell onto the dock. All the guys got down beside the dock and dug in the water and sand and found the one that fell in the lake. David is putting it in rice because someone said they heard that rice would dry it out. I hope it does.
     Some were complaining about getting wet and I said how often do we get to experience something as exciting as being out in a heavy storm and getting soaking wet no one was hurt in the downpour. I am learning to take every experience as an adventure and finding the good in it. It can be a funny little gift from God or something to get all pushed out of  shape about. I had a great time with the experience.
     We came home and everyone in the boat plus Dorean, Tim, Amanda, Michael, McKenzie and Alyssa. We had great hamburgers and hot dogs, my famous mac and cheese and Mountain Dew homemade ice cream. We have MD ice cream at almost all our family get togethers. Billy and I made up the recipe about 45years ago. And the family loves it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good!
     We played a game that Donna brought over. It is called Quelf. If you ever see it in Wal–Mart or any place else, get it. It is the most fun ever! I can’t even explain it but it is a laugh a minute and not like any other game I have ever played. I highly recommend it.
     All in all, it was a great day that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of. I wish you could have been with us    
Happy Memorial Day to all,
Mary Margaret
     The big "C" in me is Christ enabling me to deal with the little "c" which is the cancer!
Don’t forget to E-mail me . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment